Is CoGe compatible with El Capitan?
Yes, basically it is from version 1.6.3, but if you are running into any issues with CoGe on OS X 10.11, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
For the best performance on fullscreen, make sure the "Displays have separate Spaces" option in the "Mission Control" section of System Preferences is disabled when using external displays.
Quartz Composer effects and Core Image filters are leaking memory in most of the circumstances, this is a system-wide general issue on OS X 10.11. We suggest to use ISF filters instead of Core Image and Quartz Composer, whenever it is possible.
Core Image blend modes are crashing- fixed in CoGe 220.127.116.11
- The Cube Transition is no longer exists on OSX 10.11
- Some QC based Dry/Wet modules are no longer working on OSX 10.11
- MIDI Clock BPM may not be calculated right due some CoreAudio issues on OSX 10.11
Some QC modules seems to not working anymore on OSX 10.11 because of some OSX Core Image bugs:
ZoomEcho- fixed in CoGe 18.104.22.168 Iterator Cube- fixed in CoGe 22.214.171.124 Iterator Cylinder- fixed in CoGe 126.96.36.199 Iterator Sphere- fixed in CoGe 188.8.131.52 qVortex- fixed in CoGe 184.108.40.206 Overlay with Opacity- fixed in CoGe 220.127.116.11
- Blazed Trails
The following Quartz Composer effects leaking memory which sooner or later results in a crash:
- Kaleidoscope - use the Core Image Kaleidoscope effect instead
Some 3rd party QC FX not working, because of some new Core Image/Quartz Composer bugs:
- v002 Optical Flow with Feedback
What should I do before upgrading to Yosemite?
- Make sure all your gears are - MIDI devices, capture cards, etc. - compatible with 10.11.
- Make sure all your softwares are compatible with 10.11.
- Do a backup of your current system.